Subscribe Twitter

Dec 11, 2012

Roen -- The Eighth Faerie Girl


Click here for the rest of the Faerie Girls

Wow...I haven't been posting for a long while! I'm sorry...really I am. But I'm not going to bore you with all the reasons why. Let's just say I've had a lot going on (too much, in fact,) and therefore my creativity hasn't been to it's fullest. Plus I've been doing more painting than anything else. Let me know if you want to see them by posting in the comments below. (It's free.) ;]

To the doll:
She's the eighth installment of the Faerie Girls, and her name is Roen. It's such a pretty name... *sigh* I've spent what feels like a bijillion hours on her, making her and her clothes perfect just for you. I do hope you like her. I probably have three to four hours wrapped up in this one--the longest time ever for me to spend on a doll.

This is when you say:
"Three to four hours, and she only has two pairs of interchangeable shoes, and only two pairs of pants?!"
I respond coolly to this remark with a slight smile: "Yes. Because I did something I don't usually do which is all those little patterns that make each outfit individual," I pause here, but just for a second. Then continuing I kindly point out that: "The other dolls shoes and pants are supposed to fit her too, including all the other dolls. I tried to design it that way. It might not be perfect, but that's okay. It's the thought that counts, right?"
Then you will smile, nod, and proclaim: "Of course! Let me download this doll and all the others and proceed to cut each and ever shoe and pants and every other clothing item, and then have my own personal fashion show."

Then we part ways with another smile.

And the process starts over.


On another note, I'm working on a tutorial....in the shape of.... *Drum-roll please!*   VIDEO FORMAT! Just for you! Indeed! I'm going to have more than one, and they'll be on more than one outfit. Maybe even a doll! *GASP*

If you haven't noticed...I'm feeling a little sarcastic and overly tired. But, seriously, I'm working on a tutorial.

Yours truly,
~~Monica

2 comments:

Corissia said...

Hooray you're back! I'm always happy to see what you create. She has a great name and you did a wonderful job on the patterns. Her hair is really cute too.

Anonymous said...

I love her outfits and I love her name!
After watching the Hobbit a few weeks ago (which by the way was awesome but left me hanging...) I like how elvish the name sounds! anyway I'm glad you're back!