Subscribe Twitter

May 13, 2011

Regency Dress for Skye--For Ashita (Winner of the Contest)

Hello!
I apologize for being so horribly late. Really long day...
First off:
I will be posting the Regency Dress Ashita requested! Congratulations Ashita! I drew it about...a week ago. I think. Maybe two. And here it finally is!


I was looking for something in blue... but it had to be feminine and elegant. After shading in the blue, I was stumped on what color to use next. 
Suddenly the brown stuck out at me. I decided to take a chance and use it. I don't think I usually use brown and blue together. I was surprised when I saw how nice it turned out. I think this is one of my favorites for Skye. 
I left the sleeves and slippers a lighter blue for better effect. It makes you focus on the bodice more. 
I chose Skye for this dress because she is one of the most versatile dolls I have. She has everything thing from fairie, princess, medieval, modern, punk, gangster, vintage, and so many other styles  I can't name them all. So I thought she would be a good candidate for this dress. 

So there you go. ;]  Do you like it, Ashita? 

I have been working on some great paper dolls and outfits lately. Please stay tuned for them. I am also working on some new series. I have some celebrity dresses and some prom things.... But I won't give too much away. haha

Does anyone have any suggestions? If you do, please send them to me. Comment or email. =]  I had gotten some response from the I Need Your Input post and page. You can see them here.  I was very happy to get some response from my readers.... I like it. I wish I would get more. I like to know what you guys want to see on here. 

I think that is all I have right now. =] 
Oh-- one more thing; please let me know if the outfits aren't working. I need to know so I can fix them. I was having some size trouble early May and late April. Thanks!

--Monica


2 comments:

~Ashita said...

It's lovely, Monica! I especially love the lacing up the front, and the cute shoes peeking out!! Thanks so much. ^_^

RLC said...

Beautiful work. I love the colors and I must confess a soft spot for the Regency era myself.